I missed Maggy from Red Ted Art first craft hangout for pipecleaner crafts but I just managed to make this week’s stick craft ideas G+ hangout.G+ is a brilliant social network with ‘hang outs’ (like Skype) where you can see up to 10 other people.It’s a great way to meet other crafters to give a 2-3 minute presentation on a themed craft.
Take a thick stick and put a small amount of PVA glue on a wide ribbon, over lapping as you go, I chose green.Then take a thin ribbon, I chose an off white colour and I started from the base winding up the stick and crossing over the top and winding back down again.secure with more PVA glue.I used a Quartz crystal for the tip, securing it on with pink ribbon.I then took 4 lengths of the same pink ribbon the same length as the stick and tied these to the ribbon that holds on the crystal.
Other featured stick craft ideas from:
- Ali from Kids Chaos and her shadow puppets
- Anthea from Zing Zing Tree and her wall flowers
- Kelly from Domestic Goddesque pom-pom stick flowers
- Lizzie from Me And My Shadow with her willow heart wreaths
- Maggy from Red Ted Art stick trees, spider webs and hobby horse
- Maggy highlighted Sun Hat & Wellie Boots clay and twig hedgehogs