FrOctober- Pampering And Me Time
It’s the end of the second week of FrOctober.The first few days had been a slight breeze until we came to Sunday, which is usually a pajama day.But after a lazy morning I did eventually get dressed.I took the kids out to the play park, we went foraging for rose hips and sloes, found lots of different species of mushrooms and found a conservation pond that I ever knew existed.So I was glad we got out to take my photo of the day.
I would like to say thank you for all those who have supported me over the last 12 days with your likes and comments on Instagram, likes and comments on my Facebook album, retweets on Twitter and the comments left on last weeks blog post.
This week I have been thinking of ways to make myself feel good, I mean I’ve trawled every charity shop in town to get the clothes but what about feeling good?
So I’ve decide to make my evenings more regular with ‘me time’.Pampering sessions are few and far between for me so I decided to make a list and then break them down.I take my make up off at the end of the day, cleansing and moisturising but that’s it on a daily basis.So I’ve decided to devote an hour, starting half an hour before the kids go to bed with a beauty and pampering routine.Note: I’ll be doing one or two of the following each evening.
- Cleanse my face, use a face pack or mud mask followed by toning and moisturising.
- Ex-foliate my legs, mud pack for feet, wax legs (when needed) long soak in the bath with my favourite Lush goodies.
- As well as my usual hair washing routine I’ll be using a hair mask (I colour my hair using natural Henna once a week).
- Ex-foliate hands, moisturise, shape and paint nails.
- Reading a book.I recently read JK Rowling’s A Casual Vacancy when it first hit the shops.I read it in just over a week (two evenings I missed out on reading as I watched telly all evening and another evening I was out).It’s a big book and dwarfs many of the books I have on my shelf that I’m yet to read.
- Meditation.I used to do this daily but as I’ve had more kids I’ve not made any time for it.I decide on half an hour of meditation before going to bed to help me relax and sleep deeper.
And I need to go on an under wear shopping trip.This is way, way over due.I need my boobs measured and bras fitted and I need to replace my very tired looking, slightly holey (not there!) knickers.
If you would like to help spread awareness of the FrOctober challenge.You can help women who suffer with PND/PNI by doing any of the following:
Write a blog post about your experiences of PND/PNI.
Join in with the FrOctober challenge and tell people about it.
Post your photos on Instagram and Twitter using the #froctober hashtag.
Like the PNI.org Facebook page
Or You can donate to PNI.org.
I’m linking up to Becky of Baby Budgeting for Inspiration Sunday as I’m hoping I’m inspiring women to get help, talk about PND/PNI and get their lives back. (a proper link to her post will go in Sunday).
And on her other blog Family Budgeting for The Frugal Friday Fashion Show as almost all of my clothes are charity shop bargains.
Linking up to Mum And Me Me Time Monday
So here are photos from the last few days.
Next week I’ll be back with how I have coped with PND and what I did to get back on track with my life.