Bury The Bag Monster – Lush Break The Bag Habit Campaign
Me and the kids are a very green and environmentally friendly family so when we saw Lush were supporting the Break the Bag Habit campaign we thought we’d get involved their Bury the Bag monster competition.Draw a monster and post it on Twitter using the hashtag #burythebagmonster or upload to Instagram using the same hashtag.
So why should be bury the bag monster?
LUSH have shared some important facts about Break the Bag Habit campaign.
• Plastic bags are rubbish and in the EU we create more than 800,000 tonnes of plastic bag waste each year.
• Use of plastic bags in the UK has gone up this year to over 8 billion single use carrier bags produced.
• These plastic bags will litter our environment for over 2,000 years – polluting our seas, our cities, our countryside and killing our wildlife.
But the good bit…..
In countries where a ban or 5p charge has been introduced plastic bag use has typically dropped over 95%.
Lush support the Break the Bag Habit campaign and ask the Government to implement a 5p charge following the model introduced in Wales.
With this model retailers would be required by law to charge 5p for bags with all profits from the charge going to local environmental charities!
Everyone’s a winner!!
So because my kids wanted to do a bit than a drawing they got together and make their bag monster out of the paper and cardboard destined for our recycling bins.
Kip, my 10-year-old made the head out of last week’s Graze box.Cat, my 7-year-old made the body out of an empty flour bag.Mouse made a tail from an old wrapping paper tube.
If drawing or crafts aren’t your thing, you might be interested in making a video for Bag Adventure.
So get your kids to draw on (geddit!) your artistic talents and create a gorgeous, gruesome or gallivanting picture of the Bag Monster. Once you’ve drawn it just take a photo, post it with Instagram or Twitter and use #burythebagmonster. Winners will have their design printed on a canvas bag full of your favourite Lush goodies.
Terms and Conditions:
1) To enter the ‘Bury the Bag Monster’ drawing challenge you need to upload a picture of your bag monster drawing and share via Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #burythebagmonster. To be eligible to enter the competition you need to live in the UK or NI.
2) Competition winners will be decided by the Lush campaigns staff and any decisions made are final.
3) Lush Ltd reserve the rights to re-use any images submitted to the #burythebagmonster competition on social media channels, in Lush Ltd stores and campaign materials related to the ‘Break the Bag Habit’ campaign.
4) The ‘Bury the Bag Monster’ competition opens on Wednesday the 3rd October at 00:00 and closes at 00:00 on Thursday 11th October.