Slow Cooker Blueberry Muffin Pudding
This slow cooker blueberry muffin pudding is very satisfying using blueberries which I adapted from a book by adding lemon into the batter mix.It’s thicker than normal muffin batter mix as liquid can’t evaporate in a slow cooker.I used a pudding bowl like I have used before when making a lemon sponge, apple brown betty,and apple and sticky toffee pudding.
Slow cooker blueberry muffin pudding
75g (6 tbsp) butter, plus extra for greasing
75g (6 tbsp) soft light brown sugar
105ml (7 tbsp) buttermilk, at room temperature
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
2 eggs lightly beaten, at room temperature
225g (2 cups) self raising (self rising) flour
pinch of salt
1 tsp cinnamon
150g (1/4 cup) fresh blueberries
2 tsp demerara (raw) sugar, for sprinkling
1. Place a metal pastry ring in the bottom of the slow cooker.Pour in about 2in of very hot water.Switch the slow cooker on to high.Lightly grease a pudding bowl with butter.Obviously make sure it’ll fit inside first.
2. Put the butter, sugar and lemon juice in a jug and place in the slow cooker.Leave the butter, sugar and lemon to melt and the lemon to infuse in the slow cooker for 20 minutes without the lid on.
3. Remove the jug from the slow cooker and leave to cool until just warm.Stir in the buttermilk and the beaten egg until well mixed.
4. In a bowl sift together the flour, salt and cinnamon.Stir in the blueberries and lemon zest , make a well and add the buttermilk mixture.Do not over mix.
5. I sprinkled the bottom of the prepared bowl with the demerara sugar, you can reserve for the top of the pudding if you like.Spoon the blueberry mix into the bowl.Cover with buttered foil and place in the slow cooker pot.Pour hot water around the sides of the bowl until it comes half way up the sides.
6. Cover with the lid and cook for 3-4 or until a skewer comes clean.Allow the slow cooker blueberry muffin pudding to cool slightly before turning out and serving.
I’m adding this recipe to Mediocre Mum’s Slow Cooker Sunday recipe linky which always has some great recipes shared by others.