Slow Cooker Veggie Stuffed Pasta Shells
This week’s I’ve been trying pasta in the slow cooker with this veggie stuffed pasta shells (Conchiglioni) recipe.The combination of the pasta shells with the two cheeses, Quorn mince and tomato sauce makes a tasty meal for the slow cooker.Pasta works really well in the slow cooker so if you can’t find the jumbo shells you can just add small pasta shells (conchiglia).
Slow cooker veggie stuffed pasta shells
18 jumbo pasta shells
1/2 a bag of Quorn mince
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
450g (2 cups) Mozzarella cheese, grated
30g (½ cup) seasoned bread crumbs
1 tbsp dried parsley
2 jars tomato sauce
50g (½ cup) grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook the pasta shells according to directions and drain.
2. Fry the onions and garlic in a frying pan, until soft.Take off the heat and drain excess liquid. Add the Quorn mince, (I used it still frozen) Mozzarella, bread crumbs and parsley.
3. Stuff the shells with the mix and place to one side.
4. Pour 1 jar of tomato sauce into the slow cooker. Place the stuffed shells in sauce. Pour over the second jar of sauce and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
5. Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours.
Sweet potato cakes served with a tomato sauce and broccoli.
Butternut squash and chickpea coconut curry (slow cooker) served with lemon grass and ginger rice.
Giant pasta shells filled with veggie bolognese sauce (slow cooker) recipe as above.
Spicy celeriac dahl and naan bread.
Garlic mushroom and spinach stuffed jacket potato halves with salad, carrots and peas.
Veggie noodle stir fry.
Red bean roulade with roasted cherry tomatoes served with new potatoes and salad.
I’m adding this to Chrissie’s of Mediocre Mum’s Slow Cooker Sunday